Don’t you like the shape of this profiterole?They are much tastier than the one from the supermarket. As filling you can use icecream or whipped cream. You can also make a savory snack version – fill it with philadelphia cream cheese.
100 gram boter
180 gram bloem (patisseriebloem)
13 cl water
13 cl melk
1 snuifje zout
7. Snij de gebakken soesjes middendoor. Gebruik hiervoor een gekarteld mes (een broodmes). Vul het soesje met een beetje ijs of geklopte slagroom.
doos. Wanneer je wil serveren, verstuif dan wat water over de bolletjes
en zet ze nog heel even in een warme oven.
5 eggs – 100 grams butter – 180 grams flour (pastry flour) – 13 cl of water – 13 cl of milk – 1 vanilla pod – 1 pinch of salt
1. Weigh all ingredients carefully, so you dessert definitely succeed. Put a pan on medium heat and pour the water and milk. Add the butter and the seeds from the vanilla pod. Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the seeds from both halves of the pod.
2. Melt the butter and pour the flour into the pan. Turn the heat on a low flame and mix all ingredients with a wooden spoon, until they stick together into a dough.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs one at a time. Mix vigorously until each egg is incorporated into the batter. This requires a little effort! To give you an idea: the batter should have the thickness of putty.
4. Add a pinch of salt, mix well and fill the pastry bag with the profiterole batter. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Keep the oven plate on the side. Cover the plate with baking paper or a silicone mat.
5. Cut the tip of the pastry bag and spray even tufts batter on the baking paper. Leave enough space between them, because the volume will double during baking.
6. Bake the profiteroles for 25 minutes in an oven at 180 ° C, and then let them cool down.
7. Cut the baked profiteroles in half, use a serrated knife . Fill the Profiterole with a ice cream or whipped cream.
TIP: You can make the profiteroles a day earlier. Store them in a sealed box. If you want to serve, spray some water on the balls and put them even briefly in a hot oven.